• Edwina Leggett, who owned and operated Califia Books in San Francisco, which was the ur-form of Vamp & Tramp, died recently. Edwina and Califia were instrumental in both popularizing and distributing artists' books across the country and around the world. Without Edwina and Califia there never would or could have been a Vamp & Tramp. Feisty, funny, and fun, Edwina was a force of nature, who sometimes didn't care that there were other forces. The Book Arts world – and especially Vicky and Bill Stewart – owe her a lot.
• An essay on pioneering artist Clarissa Sligh by Carol Lawrence
• October 1st is National Hair Day which brought to mind artists' books that have hair as an element in their making or referenced in their text.
When is Now by Alisa Banks
Hair by Sun Young Kang
Guests Who Came to Dinner by Evelyn Patricia Terry
Brush by Robbin Ami Silverberg
Women's Fashion Issues by Maryann Riker
The Relative Value of things by Nigel Poor
Tail by Jenny Craig
Hairdo by Marie Dern
Miracles by Marie Dern
Evidence by Lyall Harris
Burden of Proof by Stephanie Gibbs
• To access catalogs that are available online click the hyperlink above for "On-line Catalogues". This will give you access to the most recent catalogue. Clicking the bar entry on that page for "Other Catalogues" will give you access to catalogues since January 2015.
• If you'd like to pass the word on about our web site, please Click here to send this link to a friend.
• Any website viewing problem please contact webmaster.